A questionable Christmas Dec. 15, 2023

 

 

It’s ten days to Christmas and all through the house, I’ve cats that are stirring, looking for the meat out of my mouth.

I made the mistake of having left over chicken and rice for breakfast (I need to eat when I’ve got a serious cold like this) and, at least, three of our rescued cats decided to hop onto the table and share my meal with me – two them notorious chicken addicts.

For some reason, I’m in the Christmas mood again, after many years. This may be due to my trying to perform Christmas carols, or the fact that my daughter is in love and may soon get married Unfortunately, her operation from several years ago made it impossible for her to bear children, a mixed blessing since I have no desire to become a grandfather -- though it is possible she and her future husband might adopt.

My cold and the condition of my car prevent me from making the trip west to see her. Weather cooperating, I’ll see her after the holiday, somewhere between Christmas and New Years.

This is the time of year when I look back more than I look forward, since almost all those with whom I have shared the holidays in the past have gone on to their greater reward (Heaven or hell, the Christmas we get is the one we deserve, as ELP once pointed out).

Many old friends might conclude Pauly ended up in a very warm place. I disagree. He lived a harmless life, although he tended to browbeat people (AKA John Lennon), ultimately, he had a good heart and did more good on this planet than harm.

I do not know what he might think of the current situation since he shifted during his life time from being a moderate conservative to a moderate liberal. But I’m sure seeing a woke mentality that so resembles the Nazis his father fought again might shift his thinking slightly back towards his conservative roots – unlike many of our contemporaries who had bought into the typical liberal lies about Nixon, Reagan and in particular, Trump.

It is not enough for these people to disagree with conservatives, they need to demonize them, and in doing so, reveal just how hateful they are ultimately.

I’m not letting their outages ruin Christmas for me. Rather, the whole mess makes me appreciate how rare goodness is, and how goodness rarely comes with the people who profess to do good, especially when they resort to meanness and violence to achieve their ends.

In the end, a person is not what he or she says he or she is, but the actions they take, and if they do bad things, such as attack Jews because they hate Israel, then these are bad people, regardless of how many righteous slogans they chant, and regardless of what the posters they hold up.

The war in the Middle East is dreadful as all wars are, but probably necessary, since the terrorists – who raped women, murdered children and held people hostage – clearly will not stop until they are stopped.

What is disturbing is the parade of college-educated kids who have been brainwashed into thinking bad is good, and have become the propaganda tool of terrorism, often resorting to terrorist acts of their own.

The fact that the conflict is occurring in the Holy Land only makes this Christmas all the more necessary, and the need to have people realize bad people can’t be doing bad things regardless of what they claim their motivation is.

A person who does bad things is a bad person.

There are moves to get the presidents of all these colleges to resign. A good idea, but hardly enough. These are merely the overseers of a new slavery that has enslaved people’s minds if not their bodies, and they have plenty of accomplices, who are equally to blame, professors teaching hate rather than knowledge.

Until schools get back to teaching useful things rather than hateful things, we will have young people who are ranting and raving in the streets, most often about things they know nothing of.

Christmas is all about peace on earth and good will to our fellow man.

This is not what Woke is about. If anything, they would do away with Christmas entirely, shifting blame from themselves onto institutions that would hold them accountable for their actions.

 

 

   2023 menu


email to Al Sullivan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plagiarism strikes again Wednesday, November 15, 2023

All we can do Dec. 23, 2023

My favorite view Dec. 10, 2023