Popular posts from this blog
Depending on what happens next Dec. 19, 2023
Got up early to drive the car to the repair shop two miles south of where we live. With the engine light flashing and the car stalling, I figured the earlier I got the car on the road the less traffic I would encounter, so if I stalled and couldn’t start the car again, I wasn’t going to be bumper to bumper and getting a lot of people peeved. This worked. But I got to the shop an hour before it opened. I sat writing today’s poetry journal about my car, and then waited for the man to show up, greeted by the garage cats that rubbed against my legs – no doubt looking for food. Then, I walked down to Central Avenue looking for coffee on my way to the light rail station at 9th Street. None of the bodegas were open. I stopped in at a Spanish place on North and Central, where two ladies who couldn’t speak English giggled, both wearing Santa hats, and red shirts with reindeer. They were in a very festive mood, as was the Sheriff’s Department cop who ordered coffee after I did. ...
Locked out Thursday, October 26, 2023
My morning ritual of exercise got disrupted when I accidentally locked myself out of the house this morning, attempting to feed some of the outside cats. I usually wake up around 6 a.m., make coffee, feed the inside cats, then if I see any cats in the yard put out a dish or two for them before hopping onto the inside bicycle, hand weights, bands and such. This morning, I got through most of it when another one of our wandering outside cats made its appearance and I grabbed a bag of hard food and went out to fill the dish, only to find that the screen door had locked behind me. I might have gone to the front door to push the doorbell to get help, only because several people have wandering unwanted into our yard over the last few weeks, I had installed a padlock on the gate, the key for which was in my pants inside the house. The inside cats looked at me through the screen, puzzled by my situation, as did the outside cats, who ate and made their way off for their o...

Comments
Post a Comment